Compute resources are available only for opportunistic use (no priority) to anyone with an active Compute Canada account.
If you need a CPU or GPU allocation (priority), or require larger quantities of storage and cloud resources than what is available via RAS, you must apply to one of our annual Resource Allocation Competitions. (See additional information about Compute allocations and resource scheduling).
PIs with a current RAC allocation are still able to request resources via RAS.
Please consult our Technical Glossary if you have questions about any of the terminology used below.
General questions can be emailed to our support team at any time.
Storage resources available via RAS
- Storage resources are only accessible with an active Compute Canada account.
- /HOME and /SCRATCH storage are not allocated through RAC.
- Storage resources may be available on regional legacy systems without a RAC allocation. These are documented on the regional websites linked from the Compute Canada wiki.
- For details about cloud storage available via RAS, visit this page.
How to request RAS storage resources
Cloud resources available via RAS
PIs may request access to modest amounts of cloud resources at any time and allow others with Compute Canada accounts to access these resources.
- To see resource limits that can be requested through RAS see the cloud RAS documentation on our technical wiki.
- For details on how to make a request for new, or access to, existing resources see the cloud documentation on our technical wiki.
If you have questions or need help, please contact us