Date/time: Tuesday, November 6, 2-3pm
Location: McMaster, Mills Library, Community room
We will hold our usual fall meeting for the local McMaster users of SHARCNET / Compute Canada facilities on Tuesday, November 6, between 2-3pm, in the Community room of the Mills library. This is specifically timed for the National research allocation competition for the year 2019 (the deadline for submission is November 8, see https://www.computecanada.ca/research-portal/accessing-resources/resource-allocation-competitions/). Bring your questions and suggestions on any topics related to SHARCNET, Compute Ontario and Compute Canada – SHARCNET staff will be happy to help you.
Some of the points which we can cover during the meeting:
– National research allocation competition (deadline November 8).
– Dedicated programming competition (deadline December 9).
– Upcoming national systems (Beluga in Quebec; available by April).
– “New” orca cluster, and plans for other legacy systems.
– Recent/upcoming upgrades to existing systems (for example, Volta GPUs being added to Graham; FPGAs).
– 2019 SHARCNET Summer School, to be held at McMaster